Wildwood Springs Postcard The original Wildwood Springs Resort lobby. Wildwood Springs Lodge Wildwood Orchestra A summer afternoon at the Meramec river
Part of the aura of Wildwood Springs Lodge is the history. History rooted in the people, hills and rivers around Steelville Missouri. The lodge was built in the early 1920’s and was a large undertaking for that period. The contractor started construction on Jan 16, 1922 . The doors opened for business Memorial Day of the same year. The people involved included A.O. Liefield and Wm. J. Casey of the St. Louis Browns , Adam Bubb of the Brown Shoe Company, Wm. Reinert of the St. Louis Globe Democrat, and Charles Raymond, publicity manager for Paramount Picture Corp.

Download “A Waltz Back in Time- A History of Wildwood Springs Lodge” here